How does Acupuncture work?
Acupuncture restarts or resets the healing process by regulating the flow of qi energy through the body to restore balance and harmony. Acupuncture treatments focus on the whole person, not just the specific symptom and as the result, symptoms are often resolved and patients frequently experience renewed vitality (body, mind and spirit).
A patient may come to our acupuncture clinic primarily for the treatment of chronic sinus pain. Our practitioner provides a treatment that attends not only to the sinus pain as a symptom but also to the patient's central imbalances and disharmonies discovered during assessment. After several treatments, the patient notes that not only has sinus pain improved or gone, but sleep is better and the peri-menopausal hot flashes she had been experiencing have mostly disappeared. She feels energized and happier.
The American National Institutes of Health (NIH) concluded in 1997 that "one of the advantages of acupuncture is that the incidence of adverse effects is substantially lower than that of many drugs or other accepted medical procedures used for the same conditions".
Acupuncture treatment is also helpful for promoting wellness, improved health and energy. Consider adding acupuncture in your life in a weekly or bi-weekly treatment program to keep your mind and body at a peak level of performance and well-being.
While acupuncture is excellent at relieving pain, strengthening the body's natural defenses, improving organ function, promoting energy and overall well-being, it is also very effective in treating general health, women's health, men's health, pediatrics and preventative care. Evidence indicates it may have an effective therapeutic value for many morerelated to immune and/or endocrine dysfunction, however, below is a list of conditions and circumstances for which people commonly find acupuncture treatment to be effective:
- General Health: Skin Disorders (including Psoriasis and Eczema), Food Allergies, Seasonal and Chronic Allergies, Asthma, Sinusitis, Headaches, TMJ, Facial Pain (including Craniomandibular Disorders), Dental Pain, Lower Back Pain, Neck Pain, Sciatica, Tennis Elbow, Knee Pain, Periarthritis of the Shoulder, Sprains, Musculoskeletal Disorder, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Postoperative Pain, Stroke, Insomnia, Anxiety, Dizziness, Nausea and Vomiting, Leucopenia, Renal Colic, Peptic Ulcer, Acute and Chronic Gastritis, Depression, High Blood Pressure, High Cholesterol, Diabetes, Hepatitis, Chronic Fatigue, Fibromyalgia, Addictions, Sexual Dysfunction, Post-Operative Recovery and Palliative Care.
- Women's Health: Menstrual Irregularities, Menopause, Conception Difficulties, Pregnancy, Morning Sickness, Childbirth (induction of labor, correction of malposition of fetus (breech presentation), Lactation Difficulties, Postpartum, Ovarian and Uterine Problems
- Men's Health: Prostate, Infertility, and Impotence.
- Pediatrics: Asthma, Skin Disorders, Eating Problems, Digestive Problems, Behavioral Problems and Sleep Problems.
- Preventative Health: Prevention, Stress Management, Wellness, Seasonal Attunement.
Acupuncture is also helpful for many chronic illnesses and health concerns that have no clear origin or cause. Patients committed to healthy lifestyles who receive ongoing acupuncture in a weekly or bi-weekly treatment program for maintenance and health promotion often experience:
- Spirit, mind and body at peak level of performance and well-being
- Improvement of vitality and stamina
- Being sick less often and recovering more quickly
- Being able to take care of their own health
- Relationships with others deepening and becoming more harmonious
- Reductions in long term health care costs
In addition, a recent survey of people who receive acupuncture, conducted by Dr. Claire Cassidy, Ph.D., indicates that they see their physicians less frequently and use fewer medications. Furthermore, over two-thirds of those surveyed reported having avoided recommended surgery.
For more information about acupuncture Tampa Westchase and Tampa Bay area or to make an appointment for a FREE Consultation via phone or in person, please call 813.464.0967, or click here.
We are keeping acupuncture they way it should be: effective & affordable.